Addison Road Community Organisation is delighted to announce the creation of a new opportunity for Indigenous artists to showcase their work during NAIDOC Week. The Award is intended to provide both a platform for creative community engagement and an economic opportunity for an Indigenous solo artist, art collective or studio grouping.
Addison Road Community Organisation (ARCO/’Addi Road’) is based in Marrickville on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. As part of our commitment to acknowledging and supporting the ongoing struggle for justice, rights and recognition by Indigenous Australians, we are dedicating our 80-square-metre exhibition space, the StirrUp Gallery annually for use by Indigenous artists.
The Addi Road NAIDOC Week Artspace Award in 2021 offers:
• Exclusive use of StirrUp Gallery from 4th – 25th July 2021, valued at more than $1800.
• Promotional support for the chosen project through ARCO’s digital media channels.
• Support for a launch/opening event for the chosen project.
• Opportunity to sell work or merchandise with no commission charged.
• Promotional and planning support for a community-engagement activity run by the artist/group during the exhibition period.
Applications for the 2021 Award are due by the 31st MAY, 2021.
To apply for the Addi Road NAIDOC Week Artspace Award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.addiroad.org.au