- 1 cup tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup (130g) bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 11⁄2 cups milk
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour*
- Butter or margarine for greasing the pan
* If you only have plain flour, that’s OK.
The quiche will just be a bit ‘heavier’ in texture.
Let’s get cooking
Turn on the oven and set to 180°C.
Using the butter or margarine, grease a 22-25 cm (9-10 inches across) cake pan or pie dish (round or square is fine).
In a big bowl, break open the eggs. Add the milk and whisk until well beaten.
Sprinkle the flour over the egg mixture and whisk until well combined and there are no lumps.
Add the cheese, bacon, onion, parsley, salt and pepper, and mix together.
Pour the mixture into the greased dish.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. The quiche should be golden brown. If it is not, leave it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little for 10 minutes before serving with a green salad and crusty bread.